Client Bill of Rights
At Joseph & Kirschenbaum LLP, we believe informing our clients about their rights and what they can expect empowers both them and us. This client bill of rights outlines the rights our clients are entitled to simply because they are our clients.
If you have questions about this or any other aspect of your case, we want to answer them. You can always contact us and expect a courteous and reasonably prompt response.
- The New York employment attorneys at Joseph & Kirschenbaum LLP will not discriminate against clients or potential clients on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, , sexual orientation, disability, age or national origin.
- Our lawyers will never take on a case we do not believe we can handle -- and win. We will be courteous and considerate to our clients while aggressively pressing their cases in the courtroom and at the settlement table. We promise never to break attorney-client confidentiality.
- All of our clients are entitled to see a written contract before they agree to hire us as their employment law firm. Our contract will specify our relationship and our duties to you in plain language, and you are welcome to request clarifications or additions before you sign, without undue pressure from us.
- All of our clients have the right to wait until they understand our costs and fees before agreeing to hire us. They also have the right to understand how they may pay.
- Any potential client has the right to refuse a fee arrangement to which he or she objects.
- Once Joseph & Kirschenbaum has time to investigate your case, you have the right to ask us for an estimate of future costs. This estimate is only an estimate and may change according to changes in your case.
- Clients have the right to copies of all documents in their cases, including court documents, communications with the employer and anything else that may be relevant. Clients are entitled to be kept informed about their cases and important changes in the status of those cases. They also have the right to be present in court for any conference related to their cases.
- All of our clients have the right to have the final say on decisions in their cases, such as the decision on whether to accept a severance offer from an employer.
- If Joseph & Kirschenbaum LLP wishes to withdraw as your attorney, we promise we will never withdraw under any circumstances not allowed by our written contract. If a matter is still pending in your case, we may be entitled to a "charging lien," or other financial compensation awarded by the court, out of any final verdict or settlement.
- Our workers' rights attorneys promise to give you the best representation we can, but we cannot guarantee any specific result.
- If we are entrusted with your money, we will take that duty seriously. We promise to keep that money in an escrow account, and you are entitled to a written escrow agreement, a receipt and any other information on the money held in escrow. We will disburse that money promptly to all of the people who are entitled to it once the escrow agreement's terms have been met.
- We will try our hardest to avoid fee disputes, but if one arises, clients have the right to resolve it through arbitration. In that event, or anytime on your request, we will give you information on arbitration.